Interlated develops web applications and its brand MountainRiver CMS is focused on web publishing, tools and promotion. We provide a high level of technical expertise, website management skills and experience with website strategy.
Interlated provides three levels of service:
- Starter packages, prebuilt solutions or Software As A Service via www.interlated.net.
- Web Publishing Solutions and Services via www.mountainriver.net.
- Application development services and middleware development via www.interlated.com.au.
Generally, content management solutions are brandedMountainRiver CMSand custom application development services are brandedInterlated.
Starter packages allow people to:
- Get a professional site rapidly.
- Test a market without a big expense or long project.
- Become familiar with the web publishing solutions capabilities before attempting a customisation project.
The development process recommended by Interlated is as incremental as possible while maintaining a marketing impact. We have found that it is more effective to get started with publishing before customisation.
A starter package allows you to get a site now, for low cost and build upon the solution over the long term.
Benefits of incremental development:
- A lot of effort can be saved without going back to first principles on a web development project. Learning from other projects and building on top is more effective. Effort can then be spent on the part of the solution that provides the competitive advantage.
- Incremental development reduces risk, typically reduces the level of customisation and avoids committing to development paths that are more expensive than they need to be.
- Cash-flow management. The site upgrades can be linked to cash-flow generation of the site.
Starter Package Solutions
- Corporate website. A website about your organisation.
- Campaign website. About a specific issue or marketing a product .
- Membership site and Customer Relationship Management.
The "agov" packaged solution can also be used as a starting point.
Products that can be checked out include:
- Meeting Manager. A fully featured collaborative meeting manager that allows agenda items to be submitted by group members, Minutes to be recorded, actions attached and reports downloaded on these items.
- Collaborative Media Manager. Create an article for public use, submit it for comment to your organisation and publish.
All starter packages can be ordered from interlated.net and coupled with a design package to provide a distinctive look and feel.
All interlated.net starter packages provide sophisticated site editing capabilities, numerous website features and the ability to be customised or extended in the future. The packages may include a fully featured email and subscription management system.
Starter Packages are a Managed Service
Starter packages are hosted on virtualised hardware provided by rimuhosting.com with high availability and the following levels of support can be provided:
- Monitoring, maintenance, support and updates.
- Active site management, where we regularly review the quality of the site and search engine statistics.
- Full service, where Interlated review the site strategy, help with content publishing, keep track of your events, cross-post to social media sites and actively work to develop an effective site.
MountainRiver CMS Web Publishing Solutions
Building Effective Websites
MountainRiver CMS builds on many years of experience building effective websites. We build membership sites, commerce sites, community sites or corporate sites. These solutions are described on www.mountainriver.net. We recommend people start off with a site from www.interlated.net and while doing so MountainRiver CMS will work on:
- Website strategy.
- Content strategy.
- Agile based planning of new site features. Involves identifying and quantifying user stories.
- Graphic design process.
- Review capability such as mobile/tablet, accessibility, indexability and user interface attributes.
High Quality Websites
MountainRiver CMS is continuously improving tools and processes:
- Responsive, mobile friendly, tablet focused. Catering for a broad audience is a value, tailoring the balance depends on the site objectives.
- Feature full sites, with MountainRiver CMS continuously investigating new tools, modules packaging.
- Controlled development process. Internal testing, quality assurance, user acceptance and live sites all managed via version controlled processes (git based).
Website Development and Integration
MountainRiver CMS can iteratively implement:
- Integrated websites with messaging or service oriented architectures.
- Commerce, collaborative or community processes and sharing.
Website Quality Review
Other services include:
- Reviewing sites for performance bottlenecks.
- Reviewing sites for effectiveness.
- Integration with social media services.
- Quality review and quality remediation.
- Automated, functional and load testing.
- Management and monitoring of websites.
Management of Your Sites
MountainRiver CMS has an effective hosting platform with hosted provision of the platforms. The base interlated.net products are SAAS based and can be purchased on a monthly basis. Our infrastructure solution is based on virtualised hardware with high availability and a high level of portability. Using this infrastructure solution enables:
- Rapid roll-out of new websites. For packaged solutions, on the same day.
- Little lock-in. Through portability the solutions can be hosted elsewhere readily and with a focus on popular open-source solutions customers can find a ready supply of competant professionals to support their site.
- Development lifecycle support. Using version management and infrastructure that supports the progression of built solutions from development to internal testing, user testing and a live site.
- Monitoring. The monitoring solution looks for problems before they become visible to users of the site. The availability of the site is recorded for tracking purposes.
- Maintenance and updates. Updates can be run efficiently with the effort spread over a number of sites rather than being once-off or ad-hoc.
MountainRiver CMS prefer the drupal.org content management framework, although we have worked extensively with other web based CMS including wordpress, joomla! and TeamSite.
Interlated Web Applications
Data Driven Web Applications
Interlated web applications are typically:
- Data driven. The interface adapts to the data to provide effective ways of presenting and accessing data.
- Isolating data needed for effective solutions.
Built Software as a Starting Point
Effective solutions include:
- Full web applications. Applications that require custom processes than content or a shop interface. Marketing applications, customer insight pages, specialised web platforms and questionnaires are typical applications.
- Middleware solutions for the purpose of synchronising data or integrating enterprise applications.
Examples of built solutions include:
- Questionnaires, reporting and custom applications. Interlated regularly uses the grails.org (java/groovy) platform which allows for rapid prototyping and scaffolding of questionnaires. Interlated has built an "emissions calculator solution" which can be re-purposed for other questionnaire and reporting type "problem domains".
- Middleware. An Interlated success story involved synchronising (using messaging and the Apache Camel Enterprise Integration tool suite) data from a marketing database to provide simplified access to important marketing data. 25% of the organisations new sales where subsequently coordinated with the new system. We have middleware solutions that can synchronise membership data via messaging and web services.
The grails platform has a built in test platform. Interlated has experience developing integration and functional automated tests and performing load testing. Interlated can review architectures for scalability.
Web Application Strategy
Interlated also provides:
- Application strategy development.
- Advice on architectures
- Agile process support, including hosted versions of the icescrum.org scrum tool.
Interlated is an Australian based company that actively supports environmental, indigenous and software communities.